500 Years of Reformation: An Interview with Dr. James McGoldrick
Dr. James McGoldrick joins us in the studio to discuss 500 years of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther’s role, Roman Catholic responses, and Dr. McGoldrick’s personal interest in the subject.
Church History Questions asked include:
- Why is 2017 significant for church historians?
- What was Martin Luther’s original intent in nailing the 95 Theses on the church door in Wittenberg? What was he hoping to achieve?
- What actually happened in the decades and centuries after Luther’s initial “protest” of ecclesiastical abuses in the Roman Catholic Church?
- Did the Roman Catholic leadership respond by reforming at all?
- How does official Roman Catholic dogma compare with confessional Protestant theology today, 500 years later?
Personal History Questions asked include:
- Were you born into a Presbyterian household?
- What drew you to Reformed evangelical theology?